FANTASY OF A YOUNG MAN.

 FROM A BOY TO A MAN

CHAPTER 1:  dreams and fantasy.
http://www.ttuc.ac.ke/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/3.jpg
courtesy of ttuc

It was on Sunday morning all i could think through out that week was freedom to do anything, finally the long awaited day had come.as i packed my bags i heard someone call my name  as i rushed out i saw my neighbor my mums friends outside with bible on their hands this dint mean anything at the moment as it was on a Sunday only to realize it was meant for me. the talked in low tones as i approached my mother seeing me smiled and i knew it was a go ahead to approach with confidence. one woman came forward it was Sammy's mum Sammy was my closest friend, he had reported the previous week to his university and after that he had gone silent and i thought that's he enjoyed the freedom so much that he even forgot about us, my chance was here. she started by advising me on peer pressure up to the moment my mind soared away from the conversation to what life awaited me out there up-to a point i heard that i should thank the women for buying me a bible. so shocked and eyes popping scared of what to say i just nodded, and i thanked them as they left for church.
  the journey began and all day and nait icouldnt sleep as i had to master each and every landmark on the way. the next time i would be all a lone with no one to guide me through the vast city. in my mind i imagined a school near an ocean beach parties and swimming all day. sorry for that, let me give you what lend to the thoughts, during my high school time as i chose my university i chose which were far away from home as possible until i saw my desired university of choice according to their website it was located at coast province, very near the Tanzanian border and near Tsavo national park. who wouldn't like such a place strategically located near all the worlds best and fun places. Up to a place called Voi, strategically located a town surrounded by hills and major roads at night looked so serine and lively people worked at night except for major businesses. this town never sleeps that all that came to my mind, with high temperatures at night and cool breeze like that of my imaginary city by the ocean looks like i was convinced the ocean was just beyond the hills.

As i asked for direction towards the university from the cab driver he showed me  a city that stood mighty on a hill the lights could be seen from far is that the school i asked  the driver and he nodded with a smile on his face that the school that feed me and my family as i only operate from town to the university. Let me not complete what happened when daylight came because i have never felt so let down in my whole little life at the moment as all my fantasy came to an end abruptly.

we came so young and holy not knowing the true meaning of life and being a teenager, as i sat behind a class of more than 100 students all i could see was thirst and great craving for education. so attentive and curious, they seemed so tender and fragile their youth so small and holly, small chest and curvy hips so enticing to tear and swallow as whole as they were, for the boys all you could notice was their skinny physique and broken voices, the face so smooth and innocent they looked young and in experienced.

as the lecture stood before us all i could hear was a lot of advice and how life was away from our loving caring parents miles away. the parent kept calling all day long with aim of knowing how their lovely prince and princesses were fairing.  they knew that it was hard to let go but life had to move on miles and miles away from home. all they could think of was how is my little boy and girl doing is he alright?
then the "men and women" arrived  few days later all built up and mature they seemed lively and classy but we did not care at first. they were all friendly and accommodating all that ran my mind was i wanna be cool like so an so?  their crib was neat and decorated a mart, carpet, laptop and also a sub-woofer. who wouldn't like such a life style? for us all we had was a ''mulika mwizi'' and the common room. the school was subdivided into certain class of people those who ate at mess and texas but after that the intimidation began the food they ate was well cooked proper table clothes to us seemed like a five star hotel. in our mess the were inadequate utensils one had to wait for others to eat, by 5 pm you could see people scrambling and fighting for a chance to eat the best food they offered. by 5:30 pm all was left would be remnants and uncooked food. the big and the mighty were at the fore front every single meal time and all we could do is wait and pray hopes up that we might get the remnants o time. at this hotel food was cheap that with a sh10 coin you wouldn't sleep hungry.


XOXO
i was here.


next chapter is on the kitchen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBES MAKES WHO WE ARE?

Tony Gachoka-The drunken activist of #jeffkoinange show.

BACK FROM THE DEAD